Today, Vice President Pence makes a visit to Virginia to tour the USS Harry S. Truman, speak with the hardworking crew members, and attend a USMCA roundtable discussion with Virginia business leaders.
As he arrives in Norfolk, our nation’s economy has been roaring! Here are just a few of the unprecedented gains:
- The U.S. economy grew 3.2% in the first quarter of 2019, far exceeding expectations.
- With the great first quarter GDP news came a surge in U.S. exports, creating a “sharp contraction in the trade deficit.”
- Manufacturing jobs are flooding back to the US, and manufacturing confidence is at record highs thanks to President Trump and Vice President Pence.
- The National Association of Manufacturing shows nine consecutive quarters of record optimism, with an average of 91.8 percent of manufacturers positive about their outlook.
- A recent CNN poll found that 71% of voters say our economy is in good shape – the highest approval since February 2001.
- A plurality say their personal financial situation is better off today than it was when President Trump took office.
- America’s GDP grew 3.1% from the Q4 of 2017 to the Q4 of 2018 – the fastest growth in 13 years.
- Despite Democrats’ debunked talking points, we’ve seen the largest wage gains in a decade.
- In 2018, more than 2.6 million jobs were created. There are more job openings than people looking for work.
- The unemployment rate is at or below 4% for the 13th straight month – the longest streak in almost 50 years.