Democrats are not only doubling down on defund the police, they are escalating their rhetoric.
Just last year, Democrats blocked a police reform proposal led by Senator Tim Scott, and now Democrats are taking their radical anti-police calls to a new level.
These are just from this past week:
- Rep. Maxine Waters: “We’ve got to get more confrontational, we’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.”
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib: “No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can’t be reformed.”
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi, when asked if Rep. Waters needed to apologize for encouraging confrontations with police, said “no she doesn’t.”
- Former Democrat Rep. Joe Kennedy agreed with Rep. Waters’ anti-police comments: ”It’s critically important to keep the momentum going”
- DCCC Chair Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney refused to call out his Democrat colleagues who support defunding the police.
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki refused to condemn Waters’ comments when asked during today’s press briefing.
Detroit Police Chief James Craig was right when he called comments like these “reckless and disgusting.”
Democrats rejected police reform, and now are calling for confrontations against police and “no more policing.” Democrats are the anti-police party, and it threatens the safety and security of communities all over America.