- This event has passed.
Waynesboro Republican Committee Meeting
March 15, 2022 @ 7:00 pm
I, Dwight Williams, Chairman of the Waynesboro Republican Committee, do hereby call for a meeting of the Committee to be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15, 2022, at 481 Hopeman Parkway, Waynesboro, VA 22980.
In accordance with the RPV State Party Plan and WRC Committee Bylaws, this initial meeting of the reorganized Committee must include the election of the following offices: Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. All candidates MUST BE members of the Committee. Candidates are required to pre-file a written statement of intent with the Chairman by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 13, 2022, via [email protected], or in-person (by appointment). If only one candidate pre-files for an office, that candidate will be deemed elected. If no candidate pre-files for an office, then nominations will be taken from the floor.
UPDATE: Only one qualified candidate pre-filed for each office by the 3/13/22, 5pm, deadline; therefore, no nominations will be taken from the floor. Changes are in red below.
Members who desire to use a full proxy or attendance proxy must deliver the proxy form via [email protected], text at 540-383-8434, or in-person (by appointment) with the Chairman prior to the start of the meeting.
The agenda will be as follows:
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Reading of the Republican Creed
- Chairman’s Report
- Recognition of Parliamentarian, temporary Secretary and temporary Treasurer
- Report from Credentials Committee
- Proxy Report
- Roll Call of Members and Determination of a Quorum
- Reading and Approval of the tabled Minutes of the January 2022 meeting
- Reading and Approval of the Minutes of the February 2022 meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Recognition of Elected Officials and Guests
- Old Business
- Turnover of minutes and financial records from previous Committee
- New Business
- Election of New Member Applicants (Debra Shiflett, Karon Dewey)
- Election of Officers
- Vice Chair (Craig Scott)
- Secretary (Tiffany Sensabaugh)
- Treasurer (Becca Lilly)
- Re-Appointment of Election Integrity Committee (Herman Wells)
- Consideration of Mass Meeting Recommendation as Method of Nomination for City Council Candidates
- Report from the State Central Committee Member(s)
- Remarks from Elected Officials and Guest Speakers
- Announcements and Events
- Other business as may properly come before the Committee