Richmond, VA – Today, President Trump got a big win and signed the historic USMCA into law. Some quick facts:
- Today, President Trump signed the historic United States – Mexico – Canada Trade Agreement into law.
- The USMCA is a big win for President Trump and American workers.
- This is a big improvement over the outdated NAFTA.
- The USMCA will spur economic growth, create thousands of American jobs, and raise wages.
- The trade deal will create 176,000 new jobs and add an additional $68.2 billion to the economy.
- The USMCA will add 76,000 new auto industry and manufacturing jobs.
- Our trade relationship with Canada and Mexico will be brought into the 21st Century.
- The USMCA would expand market access and remove unfair trade barriers for farmers.
- President Trump is delivering on his promise to make our trade deals freer, fairer, and more reciprocal.
- Earlier this month, President Trump signed the monumental phase one China trade deal.
- Since October (roughly 115 days), President Trump has signed deals with our four largest trading partners: Japan, China, Mexico, and Canada.
“President Trump’s signing of the historic USMCA is the cherry on top of his prosperous trade record, signing deals with Mexico, Canada, China, and Japan all in just over 115 days,” said RPV Chairman Jack Wilson. “Under the President’s leadership, American workers are winning like never before, with thousands of jobs created, $68.2 billion added to the economy, and yet another campaign promise fulfilled.”