Richmond, VA – If nothing else, at least Virginia Democrats are consistent. Consistently hypocritical, but consistent in that. Over the last year, Democrats have:
- Called for Ralph Northam’s resignation (then forgave him)
- Called for Justice Kavanaugh’s head on a platter (then ignored Justin Fairfax)
- Stopped taking donations from Dominion Energy (but were fine with Dominion donating to the Way Ahead PAC)
- Pledged to tighten up campaign finance restrictions (with the exception of the
Jefferson-Jackson DinnerBlue Commonwealth Gala).
- N.B. – The Democratic Party of Virginia’s Chairwoman mentions Donald Trump three times in as many sentences in what is supposed to be the headlining quote for the event! Is the DPVA reporting their in-kind donation of free rent in their heads to the President’s campaign?
Fundraising during session? Eh, we’ll look the other way. The NRA gave someone $100? Call ’em a terrorist and take to the streets!
“I’m disappointed that Virginia Democrats have made hypocrisy an official platform position,” said RPV Chairman Jack Wilson. “Fundraising during session while pushing for tighter campaign finance restrictions is a slap in the face of Virginians that voted for campaign finance reform. This session is just getting started, but Virginia voters have seen all they need to see to vote Republican in 2020, 2021, and beyond.”