- This event has passed.
Grayson County Mass Meeting
March 21, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
As Chairman of the Grayson County Committee of the Republican Party of Virginia, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, James D. Wagoner, do hereby issue this call for a Mass Meeting to be held at Grayson County Courthouse, 129 Davis St, Independence, Virginia 24348 starting at 6:00 p.m. local time on March 21, 2022, for the following purpose:
- Electing the officers (Unit Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary) and members of the Grayson County Republican Committee.
- Electing up to two hundred thirty-five (235) Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia’s 9thCongressional District Convention to be held on Saturday, April 23, 2022, at the Wytheville Meeting Center, 333 Community Blvd., Wytheville, Virginia 24382, or its alternate site, beginning at 10:00 a.m. local time (with registration from 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.) for the following purposes:
- Electing a District Chairman
- The transaction of other business as may properly come before the Convention.
Each unit is entitled one (1) Delegate Vote per 250 Republican votes cast for Governor and President at their last election, so that the Grayson County Republican Party is entitled to forty-seven (47) Delegate Votes;
- And for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the mass meeting.